Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The beginning...

Hello! :)
As most of you know, I am embarking on an adventure to Germany this summer. I plan on blogging on here everyday so I can share with everyone what Im going through! 
 I find alot of people ask me why Im doing this, why I want to travel to another country alone,living with strangers, not being able to communicate that well..well,when its put that way, it sounds horrible! I know Ill be confused, a little nervous, feeling alone at times..but thats the beauty of this. I feel as though I will grow up alot and learn alot about myself. I have to give alottt of credit to Ariana Carr! She's the one who told me about this! :D (thanks girl ;D). I see the wonderful time shes having in Brazil and its making me soooo excited! 
 This past weekend, I went to a rotary conference with inbound(international teens that have been living here the past year), and outbound(students who are going out on exchanges this summer,includes me!) rotarians and we stayed at a hotel together in Titusville. There were 13 of us, Terra, Stephanie, Katie, Becca, Tim, me, and Ellen were all americans going out this summer, and the inbounds were Fernanda from Argentina, Eray from Turkey, Euginio from Mexico, Stefanie from Germany, Ludan from France, Maria from Denmark, and Zoya from India. At first, it was a little awkward, trying to understand them with their accents and finding conversation topics. But the last night in the hotel, I looked around, all 13 of us hanging out in one room, playing "never have i ever" and "truth or dare", laughing, dancing, and taking pictures, I realized, "wow, I have SO much in common with all these teens, its amazing!" I found that someone from across the globe listens to the same music and laughs at the same things I do! So cool!
 It really made me excited for the friendships I'll make in Germany, but also I feel sad, cause I had to watch some tearful good-bye's after the conference, since some of them will never see each-other again :( Knowing I may never see my host family again after my experience, makes me tear up sometimes, even though I haven't even gone yet! But, the biggest emotion Im feeling right now is excitementt!!!! I leave July 10th, but Ill actually get there July 11th in the morning. My host sisters name is Rafaela, and she will come back with me to the states :) Ill be coming home August 1st, and she will be here until the 21st!! :D
  Well, this will probably be the last post until I leave for Germany!! :) Auf Wiedersehen! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment